Thursday, November 08, 2007

This is not a food blog

Many other bloggers (especially the talented and beautiful trixie) are able to wax lyrical about food in the most edible and attractive ways, I on the other hand am very very good at eating but take rather lacklustre photos of what is on my plate and have my mouth too full to talk about it. Still:



This was one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. It is from Madame Saigon in Singapore and is billed on the menu as grilled eggplant with black glutinous rice. Some heavenly alchemy must have occurred here however as there is no way those 2 ingredients form the smoky, sweet, unctuous chopstick loads that I savoured, the addition of mint, fried onion and thai basil made it almost too much. I have a standing offer of marriage to anyone who can teach me how to make this.

5 comments:

trixie said...

eggplant AND black glutinous rice.

bestill my eating heart.

here's the deal. you marry the lucky genius who can teach you how to make this and i'll turn up for dinner every monday night once you've settled into your menage d'aubergine?

we cool?

Claudia said...

Sounds wonderful. Now if only we could work out which country this should be in...

Karen S said...

http://www.realthai.blogspot.com/

Have you seen this, my dear? We should have an eve of cookery, n'est ce pas?

Karen S said...

http://www.thaifoodtonight.com/thaifoodtonight/recipes.htm

Oops, I meant this link! I have many links for fud.

Claudia said...

Ooooh, I love it. Perhaps we'll have to marry ourselves after said cook up. I make a good couple.

And now I hungry. Thxalot.