Friday, August 25, 2006

Uno sogno

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I had a dream about an Orca* last night.

It came up out of the water ever so slowly and its face was getting closer and closer to mine. As it got closer my apprehension grew (that seal doco kept going through my head) and i tried to reason with myself that it wasn't actually dangerous and that i should hold my ground. When it got within a few centimetres of my face i looked at its mouth and nose and it looked uncannily like the muzzle of a giant black and white llama. I remarked as much to my dream companion and then promptly woke up**.

What could it mean?

Hint:

*Apparently dreaming about an orca signifies distrust and suspicious motives. A cynic might say that it's presence might have something to do with having a beer next to a pokie machine with an orca on it before bed. Then again, maybe my choice of the seat facing said machine was an expression of my own latent trust issues...

** Yes, i know my dreams are really low on narrative/actual events, i'm working on it

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i know my dreams are really low on narrative/actual events, i'm working on it"

I'm sorry. What?

Claudia said...

An orcas head gets closer? Hardly the stuff of gripping storytelling... Allegedly other people have dreams in which something happens and then something else enz. I aspire to this.

Anonymous said...

Look I'm sorry, if Mersault can spend two hours on a bed smoking and that counts as 'narrative development', then orca on I say.

Camus therefore Paris. ICP. xx.